Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wedding Wednesday is back!

focus on: Cupcakes!



If you haven't noticed yet, cupcakes are all the rage these days, especially for weddings. I'm not talking about any old cupcakes made from a box and slathered with frosting...I am talking about couture cupcakes--works of art that are hand-crafted by gourmet bakers/artists. Today I bring you a sampling from around the world. Be prepared to be amazed.

First up: Sugarbloom Cupcakes!




Are you in love yet? Sugarbloom is owned by Bev, and located in Perth, Australia. I found her on flickr--I saw a thumbnail of that very first photo above and was instantly intrigued...I got lost browsing her stream. I mean, did you see that black bow and rhinestone buckle? Wow! I will say it again...wow!!

Just look at these fabulous floral designs:



Bev is an amazing inspiration for new concepts and super creative ideas...check out her delicious looking "tall" cupcake:



And for the bride & groom that still want to cut the cake, Bev has you covered:



To view more of Bev's beautiful work, check out her website here:
www.sugarbloomcupcakes.blogspot.com.

Thank you, Bev for allowing me to show off your work! :)


Next, we travel to Durban, South Africa where the lovely Zahirah is creating gorgeous cupcakes in all of my favorite colors!



Ms. Z's company is called cupcake d'lights and they truly are a delight to look at...I can only imagine how delicious they taste! Her style is whimsical and feminine...she even does shabby chic!



I can imagine how thrilled the bride was that ordered these:



(I wonder if they looked even better than the actual bouquets?!)

Here is a great centerpiece idea:



And a nice, classic design:



You can view more of this edible art here:
www.cupcakedlights.blogspot.com

Thank you, Zahirah for your permission to post your photos on my blog!

Thank you for reading my Wedding Wednesday post. I hope to have brought you some great ideas and inspiration from these talented artists!

3 comments:

  1. whether they were cupcakes or mini-wedding cakes, they look scrum-dil-ioucous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I wonder if they looked even better than the actual bouquets?!"
    Yes, there are they are all so good! But my personal favorite is the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cakes, they look fantastic. I've been to few weddings, but I haven't seen such interesting cakes.
    Congratulations from domestic cleaning Highams Park

    ReplyDelete